The list of top rich Nigerians was recently released by Forbes. The list contains 21 Nigerians who are all male.
Forbes explained that the ranking was based on the value of shares held by the individuals in quoted companies, size and market share of their companies, number of companies they own and its assumed value and the impact of the companies on the Nigerian economy.
Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of Dangote Group, Richest man in Africa and Richest black man in the world, Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial Trust Bank, Globacom and Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas were the first three in the list.
The top 21 successful entrepreneurs listed below have fought their way to the top despite the harsh terrain and business challenges involved with starting a business in Nigeria.
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of Dangote Group, Richest man in Africa and Richest black man in the world
2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial Trust Bank, Globacom
3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas
4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group
5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group
6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Flee
7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone
8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank
9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria
10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group
11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group
12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group
13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards etc.
14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group
15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT,
16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group
17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies
18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas
19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox Computer
20. Fola Adeola – GTBank
21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars