Password managers help you save your passwords. If you lose your Snapchat password, you can’t recover the password, but you can recover your account by resetting your password.
Reset Your Password From The Website
- Go to the Snapchat website and click “Forgot Password”.
- Next, type in the email associated with your Snapchat account and click “Submit”.
You may have to go through some checks to prove you’re human. After that, click “Next”
Once you have so done, you will be sent an email with a link to reset your password.
After receiving the email, click on the provided link to reset your password.
Type in your new password in the provided field, confirm the password and then click “Change Password”.
Once your password is changed, you need to sign into your account again on any device in which you use the account.
Reset Your Password From The App
- Open the Snapchat app and tap “Log In”.
- Type your username or email address after which you tap “Forgot Your Password?”
You will receive options for a verification code one of which is an SMS text message and the other an email. Using email address option is similar to resetting your password on the website. However, for the “Via Phone” option,
You have to go through checks to prove you are not a robot, after that, tap “Continue”.
Type in the phone number you signed up with, then tap “Continue”.
You can choose between having the code sent to you via SMS or automated call. For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ll go with the SMS option.
- After you have gotten the code, input it into the provided field and then, tap “Continue”.
- Next, type in your new password (make it strong and secure), then tap “Continue”.
Once you have so done, you have recovered your account and reset your password.