If you deal with a lot of emails, you will find easier to sort important messages and store them in folders. Here’s a way to do that in Yahoo! Mail.
Creating Yahoo! Mail Folders in a Desktop Browser
- Log into your Yahoo! Mail account, open your inbox. While in the navigation page on the left, click on “New Folder”.
- After clicking the button, the button is replaced by a text field. Type the name of the folder you wish to create; press Enter or click the button beside the field to create the folder.
Once you have saved the folder, a confirmation notice will pop up for a short time on your screen.
The new folder will appear in the “Folders” section underneath the “New Folder” option.
If you hover your pointer over the folder name, you’ll see a button appear next to the name. Click that to see additional options for the folder.
- Hovering over the folder name, you will find a button next to the name. Click on it to see additional options for the folder.
- To store messages in the new folder, select the messages you intend to move by clicking their check boxes and then clicking “Move” and select the folder you want to move the messages to.
If you want, you could also drag any message to the folder.
The number beside the folder name updates to show the messages contained in the folder. If there are any messages in the folder you haven’t read, the folder name and number appear bold.
Creating Yahoo! Mail Folders in Mobile Browser
- Log into your Yahoo! Mail account.
- After you log in, tap the menu icon at the top-left corner of the screen after which you swipe up to scroll to the bottom. Next, tap “Create New Folder”.
- In the window pop up, type a name for the folder and click “Save”.
You will get a confirmation message and then see your created folder underneath the “Create New Folder” option.
Creating Yahoo! Mail Folders in a Mobile App
- First and foremost, download the Yahoo! Mail mobile app if you don’t have it. It is available for both iOS and Android.
- Sign into the app and tap the menu icon at the top-left corner of the screen. On the menu, swipe up to scroll down to the bottom and tap “Create New Folder”.
- A window pops up, type in the name of the folder after that, press “OK”.
You’ll get a message of confirmation; after which you’ll see the new folder in the list.
- To move messages to the new folder, tap and hold a message to enter select mode. Select all the messages you intend moving and tap “Move To” (a folder icon with an arrow pointing up). On the list that appears, tap the folder you wish to move the messages to.