You might have been blogging for months and even for years without any source of income, but today, I will be sharing some personal experience and that of other bloggers.
The first and foremost thing to do to monetize your blog is to attract traffic. You need traffic on your blog in order to sell products or services. Before you can attract traffic to your blog you must:
1. You must write good content, preferable unique content posts.
2. You must always update your blog post regularly, at least 2-3 times a week so that your readers and visitors will keep on coming.
3. Market and promote your blog through paid ad networks. But if you don’t have enough cash to do that, you can promote your blog through forums and social networking site.
4. Submit your blog to search engines. Submit to the 3 giant search engines that always account for 90 percent of all web searches. These giant search engines are Google, Yahoo and Bing. This will make your blog to be found by people with similar interest.
Don’t fall to be a prey to some advertisers on the web claiming that they will assist you to submit your blog to 400 or more search engines for a monthly fee. The only search engines that matters are Google, Yahoo and Bing.
After following the above steps, with blog niche, quality and good content posts, you can now use your blog to start making money.
How to do that? Below are some suggested profitable business you can run on your blog to generate money:
1. You can be making money with your blog by selling advertising space on your blog
2. Google adsense – This is the simplest one to engage in. You will be using targeted advertisements to create revenue for your blog. You will be paid per the clicks on google ads.
3. Become an affiliate marketer. With this, you get paid for selling other people’s products on your blog. An affiliate link will be given to you, so you market the product via the link. Promote affiliate network that goes with your blog niche. Example of some affiliates networks are Clickbank, cj, amazon e.t.c.
4. Sell e-book. E-book is a short downloadable electronic book that can be created by you and sell on your blog. Your e-book can be written on variety of subjects. For it to sell , you must offer new and helpful information to your customers.
Conclusively, your blog can be used to build revenue and income for yourself. Start with your chosen niche, promote and market your blog to find the traffic you need, and then you are on your way to make your blogging profitable.
There is an adage that says “Rome wasn’t built in a day”. It may take a longer time before you are able to build an audience. But, make it a duty to always post on a daily basis and never give up if nobody seems to read your posts. Just be yourself and always have fun.