Today, I want to share two useful tips that will keep you going and achieving your dream without much ado. The two things I believe has helped many great men and women achieve their dreams are Focus and Perseverance.
- Focus: – Before you can live and achieve that dream, you need to concentrate on it. From my research, I was able to deduce that people who are focus aren’t born with it, they develop themselves to be. If you want to be focus, you need to
- “It’s not what’s happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it’s your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you’re going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny.” Anthony Robbins quotes (American advisor to leaders)
- “Our thoughts create our reality — where we put our focus is the direction we tend to go.” Peter McWilliams quotes
- “It is wise to direct your anger towards problems — not people; to focus your energies on answers — not excuses.” William Arthur Ward quotes (American dedicated scholar, author, editor, pastor and teacher)
- “When you write down your ideas you automatically focus your full attention on them. Few if any of us can write one thought and think another at the same time. Thus a pencil and paper make excellent concentration tools.” Michael Leboeuf quotes
- No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined. Unknown Author
For that dream to come to pass, you’ll need to put perseverance into action. Here are few tips of perseverance you need to put into action.
* When something starts to bother you, wait as long as you can before you express frustration.
* When something doesn’t work right, try again and again.
* Don’t lose your temper when something upsets you.
* Always finish what you start.
* Keep working at something that is difficult until you complete it.
* Don’t give up on difficult jobs or situations.
* Focus on someone or something that ordinarily makes you lose your patience and try to understand it (and don’t “lose it”).
* Work a little harder or a few minutes longer on a task that you do not like.
People who persevered despite handicaps and disabilities
* Beethoven (composer) – was deaf
* Ray Charles (musician) – is blind
* Thomas Edison (inventor) – had a learning problem
* Albert Einstein (scientist) – had a learning disability
* Terry Fox (runner) – is an amputee with cancer
* Stevie Wonder (musician) – is blind
* James Earl Jones (actor) – was a stutterer
* Helen Keller (author) – was deaf and blind
* Marlee Matlin (actress) – is deaf
* Franklin D. Roosevelt (president) – was paralyzed from polio
* Vincent Van Gogh (artist) – was mentally ill
* Woodrow Wilson (president) – had a learning problem
* Itzhak Perlman (concert violinist) – was paralyzed from the waist down
* Stephen Hawking (physicist) – had Lou Gehrig’s disease (of the nervous system)
Heroes and heroines
* Susan B. Anthony was a women’s rights activist who spent her entire life working for a constitutional amendment giving women the right to vote.
* Marie Curie was a physicist who published 32 scientific papers and continued to study sources of radioactivity over many years.
* Amelia Earhart became famous as the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean and as an advocate of aviation and women’s rights.
* Babe Didrikson Zaharias was a great American female athlete who excelled in many sports.
* Benjamin Franklin was a leading scientist, inventor, publisher, and politician whose persistence, patience, and hard work paid off. He is on our $100 bill.
* Wilma Randolph was an Olympics Gold medalist in track who was not able to walk properly as a child.
* El Chino was the first Chinese matador in Spain.
* Martin Luther King, Jr. worked very hard to lead the civil rights movement in the 1960’s. He withstood prejudice and resistance to change.
* Victory belongs to the most persevering. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
* Hitch your wagon to a star. (Emerson)
* To persevere, trusting in what hopes he has, is courage to a man. (Euripides)
* You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try. (Beverly Sills)
* Many strokes overthrow the tallest trees. (John Lyly)
Finally, if you dreamt of starting an Internet Business, Home Business, Engage in legal Money making Activities and any other businesses, why not start today, don’t wait till tomorrow, you are a born champion.
Don’t ever think like most people do think that creativity, confidence, perseverance, courage, determination and MONEY are something you’re born with. Let me tell you today, those qualities can be master by anyone through learning and application. The simple truth is that you have to take a step of faith and action before God can do something on your behalf. Start that dream today where you are with what you have. In due time you’ll be celebrated.