BBM for Android and iOS devices was released some couple of days ago.
After the release, I have been receiving mails from some of my exclusive readers on how to use the application.
However, I told them the application is simple and easy to use. I shared the methods to use the application with them and I wish to do the same thing here now.
Getting Started with BBM on Android Devices
You need to download BBM for Android devices. Once installed, tap on the icon to start the BBM service. If you’re already a BBM user and want to use your current BBID, enter your login details on the screen. If you’re new to BBM or want to use a different BBID, you can register.
How to Add Contacts on BBM
- Tap the overflow icon (3 dots)
- Tap Invite to BBM
- Choose the method by which to invite a contact
- Enter any info as needed.
- The contact will be added to your contact list when (s)he accepts your request
How to Send Messages on BBM
- To start a new chat, tap the BBM icon in the top right corner (the one with the + sign)
- Search for, or choose, a contact from the list
- Tap the contact, enter your message and choose Send
How to Create Broadcast Message
To send a broadcast message to all of your contacts, tap the overflow icon (3 dots) then choose Broadcast Message. Enter your message and tap Send.
How to Initiate Multi-person Chat on BBM
- To start a chat with more than one contact, tap the overflow icon (3 dots) then tap Start Multi-person Chat
- Enter the contacts to which you want to send your message
- Enter you message and tap Send
Settings Page on BBM
- To access the settings menu, tap the overflow icon (3 dots) then choose Settings
- Here you can change things such as notification tone, contact list layout, update options, chat history and more
How to Create and Use Groups on BBM
- To create a group, tap the Groups icon on the bottom of the screen
- Tap the overflow icon (3 dots) then choose Create New Group
- Enter a group name, photo and description
- After your group is created, tap the group icon to open it. From here use the overflow menu (3 dots) to change settings, invite contacts, add photos, add lists, add events and more.
- To quickly view your contacts list, tap the Contacts icon
- To quickly view groups tap the Groups icon
Check these awesome posts:
In conclusion, The BBM service will stay running in the background of your device. You’ll see a small BBM icon in your notification bar so you know that the service is active and ready to send or receive messages. You can disable this setting, however this will keep BBM in the background and you may miss messages at times, so it’s best to just deal with it and keep it in the foreground.