The 2017 National Examinations Council, NECO GCE form is out and registration is ongoing.
The NECE Nov/Dec GCE (also refereed to as ‘SSCE External’) is for candidates not in the School system.
Registration deadline is 30th September, 2017.
Recommended: 2017 NECO GCE Timetable.
How to Apply for NECO GCE.
The price of the NECO GCE registration card is Eleven Thousand Four Hundred Naira (N11,400) Only, payable to the Registrar, National Examinations Council in any of the NECO State Offices nationwide or in cash in any designated Bank or NIPOST offices nationwide.
The registration fee includes cost for Biometric Data Capture, an Examination Ethics CD and Administrative Charges. Interested Banks and NIPOST Headquarters should visit NECO Headquarters for further clarifications.
The registration website is www.mynecoexams.com
- Candidates intending to register for the 2017 November/December NECO Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) are hereby informed that registration will be strictly on-line using the NECO registration website mynecoexams.com. Registration can be done on the website at any time within the stipulated registration period.
- Passport Photograph will be required during on-line registration. The candidate’s passport photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must be of white background.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED ALONG WITH THE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD ENSURE THAT THEIR FINGERPRINTS ARE CAPTURED CORRECTLY DURING REGISTRATION.
- CANDIDATES WITH FINGERPRINTS NOT VERIFIED ON THE DAY OF THE EXAMINATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT FOR THE EXAMINATION.
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the internet café:
- Time Table for the Examination; and
- One (1) clear copy of the NECO Attestation/Photo card; which should be presented for each examination. (Candidates should note that Attestation/Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted at the examination hall).
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Attestation/Photo card should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary institution;
- An ordained clergyman;
- A commissioned officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain or its equivalent rank;
- A senior civil servant not below the rank of GL. 14;
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO STAMP OR SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION/PHOTO CARDS IN NECO STATE OFFICES NATIONWIDE. A CLEAR COPY OF THE DOWNLOADED ATTESTATION/PHOTO CARD, DULY SIGNED AND STAMPED BY A REFEREE SHOULD BE PRESENTED FOR EACH PAPER.
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.