If you forget your Instagram password, you can’t recover it per say, but you can recover your account by changing the password. Here’s how:
Password reset from The Website
- Go to the Instagram website, and click “Log In” at the bottom of the page.
- On the page that opens, beneath the login field, click “Forgot Password?”.
- Type in your username, email, or phone number you used to set up your account. Once you pass the security check, click “Reset Password”.
When you have done that, a message will be sent to the email address you provided with a link to reset your password. Open the message and click the link, after which you click “Reset Password”.
- Type in your new strong and secure password, and then type it in again to confirm it, and afterwards, click “Reset Password”.
With that you have reset your password, and you will be signed into your Instagram account.
Password reset from The App
- Open the Instagram app, and tap “Get Help Signing In” on the sign in page.
- Type in the username, email, or phone number you used when to create your account, and then tap “Next”.
Then, you have Instagram send you an email or SMS, or instead, you can use a linked Facebook account if you have that set up. If you go for the SMS option, you will get a text with a code for you to type into the app. Then, you will be able to set a new password and sign in.
If on the other hand you select the email option, you will get an email message at the address you signed up with.
- In the message, tap “Log In As <username>”. Or, you tap the link that says “Reset Your Instagram Password”. Either way, you will be taken to a password reset page.
- Type in your new strong and secure password, and afterwards, tap “Reset Password”.
Having done that, your password has now been reset and you can sign in.