Adding a Background Color
- Click the “Design” tab on the Word Ribbon, and then click “Page Color.” A dropdown menu opens with several colours consisting of Theme Colours and Standard Colours.
- Click a colour to apply it to the background.
- For more colour options, click on “More Colors”.
- In the window that opens, click the “Custom” tab and then click any part of the colour prism to choose a colour. You can also enter RGB values in their individual fields if there is a particular colour you want. After that, click “OK”.
- If you want even more options, click the “Standard” tab and then click a color from the palette, after which you click “OK”.
Adding a Picture to the Document Background
- Head to “Design” tab still on the Word Ribbon and click “Page Color”. In the dropdown menu that follows, click “Fill Effects”.
- In the Fill Effects window, click the “Picture” tab and then click “Select Picture”. The Insert Pictures window that opens allows you to select an image from your drive with Bing search or from OneDrive. After you have selected the image, click “OK” to insert the picture background.
How to Add Texture to the Document Background
- Go to “Design” tab on Word Ribbon and click “Page Color”. In the dropdown menu, click “Fill Effects”.
- In the Fill Effects window that opens, click the “Texture” tab, pick one and then click “OK”.
You could also use gradients or patterns as your background when you click on either of the tabs. You use them the same way as the texture tab.