In my recent publication, I explained the steps on how to purchase airtime from GTbank Internet Banking. During the process, I get to a point where I mentioned that some numbers need to be generated from a token to perfect the transaction. Today, I want to share the process, benefits, features and how you can acquire GTBank token for your internet banking transactions.
What is GTBank Token?
The GTBank TOKEN gives you optimal protection against online thefts, hackers and fraudsters. It is the key that grants you full access to carry out 3rd party transfers and payments online via the GTBank internet banking platform anywhere in the world.
How to use a token?
The token device is required when:
- Transferring money from your account to another GTBank account or to other banks.
- Generating secure codes
- Conducting FX transfers
- Processing Cash/Draft In transit
- Adding more service options on our Internet Banking platform (add service)
- Making FX Sales e.t.c
Note: When conducting any of the transactions listed above, you will be required to input a 6-digit code in a defined field to validate and conclude the transaction. This code can be generated by clicking the white button on the device.
- The token always generates a random code for every transaction thereby making it impossible for another person to carry out online transactions from your account.
- There is no need to visit a branch. With a token you can carry out online transactions anywhere in the world.
- You can send money to family and friends and make payments from a computer and web-enabled mobile phone
- The token is the latest in banking security technology which uses a 128 bit data encryption to protect your account details
- Transfer to any GTBank account and other banks in Nigeria
- Pay for your HITV subscription.
- Pay for your phone bills (MTN postpaid) and internet services (Starcomms)
- Pay for your US Visa fee
- Book flight tickets on the following Airlines (British Airways/Iberia, Alitalia Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Aviareps-Afriqiyah Airways)
- Sell Foreign currencies from your domiciliary account(s) to the bank.
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Place a standing order on your account
How can I get a token?
- Click here to download the form now.
- Complete the form
- Drop the completed form at any of our branches OR scan and mail them to email@example.com
- Pick up token immediately from the same branch