Gmail provides its users with the ability to make their signature appear as they see fit at the end of every mail they send. When you connect your Facebook, Twitter or any other social account you have with your Gmail, you make it easy to connect with you.
How to Customize your Gmail Signature
Your email signature is a certain form of cybernetic business card. This business card ought to contain your name, title, organization, contact information, as well as the links to the social networks you’re on.
Below is a way for you to connect your Gmail account with your social accounts, with links that would lead people to your social networks. We’ll be using Facebook for this tutorial.
- First of all, sign into your Facebook account. After you have signed in, head to the profile that you want linked to your Gmail.
One thing you must take note of is that for LinkedIn, you click the “Me” button on the toolbar. Next, click “View Profile”. On Twitter, click on your profile picture. All these procedures will take you to your profile and from there you can follow the same steps as with Facebook provided below.
- When your profile has loaded, highlight the URL of your profile and copy it using Right-Click and then selecting “Copy” when the right-click menu opens. Or you could just select the link with “Ctrl+C”.
- Once that is done, you can then go ahead and sign into your Gmail account. Once your Gmail opens, at the top right of your screen you’ll see the “Settings” icon (it looks like a cog), click on it.
- In the menu that pops up, click “Settings”.
This will put you at the settings page of your Gmail account. The first tab you’ll see is titled “General” by default. In this tab, you’ll find the tool for Gmail signature.
When you scroll down almost to the bottom of that page, you will see the “signature” section. In this section, you can create your email signature. But if you haven’t before now, what you’ll see is “No signature”. Next, click on the unnamed option that is beneath it.
- What you do next is type your information. Go ahead and put in whatever you want. There are various styles available for signatures in case you don’t know. By the time you are done, you will have something on the lines.
There are many email signatures out there that tend to contain favicons. You can select any of them, what you shouldn’t forget to do is to obey the rules of brand resources of the organization. Many social networks such as Facebook have these underlying rules clearly defined.
For your signature, highlight the text that you want the profile link you had earlier copied to be added to. As soon as you’ve done this, select the “Insert Link” icon.
A window which allows you to “Edit” will pop up; you’ll find it closest to the “Text to display” box which shows the text you copied before. If a favicon is what you used rather than a text, you will see the name of the image after which you’ll see the format of the image.
- Paste the profile link you had copied from your social account into the “Web address” box. To do this, right-click the box and then select paste or you can just click on the box and press Ctrl+V on your keyboard. When done, click “OK”.
The highlighted text will be underlined and become blue in colour. If you place your cursor over the text, you’ll see a message that says “Go to link”. If you have done everything properly, you’ll see something like this:
Scroll to the bottom and select Save changes”.