It is appalling that the statistics of annual applicants to the University Matriculation Examination remained on the increase, crossing to over a million, with about 40% increase on yearly basis.
This year, 2013, yet another set of over one million Nigerian school-leavers who had already queued up their information on the JAMB portal are warming up for the UTME exam scheduled to hold on the 27th of April. The question remained the same, who is going to win, and who is to loose out of the race? Time will tell.
A recent analysis revealed that about 50% of the total number of applicants pass JAMB yearly, but do this same number gain admission into the available spaces in our various institutions? The answer is NO.
In this article, I have decided to enlighten the lucky Jambites on what to do, and of course what to avoid as JAMB approaches.
1. Read harder and even harder!
2. Discover your problem areas, and give devote more revision time to them.
3. Do not deceive yourself searching for fake answers on the internet, use the time you are to waste doing that to read.
4. Read with past question papers and see how questions are answered.
5. Test yourself on speed, accuracy and otherwise.
6. Try to locate your exam center, atleast 2days to the exam date.
7. If your center is far, make arrangements to be there at least a day before the exam date.
8. Follow instructions, in other words, DO NOT enter the exam hall with any material that may/will implicate you.
9. Start with questions/subjects you know well and be time conscious.
10. Before you submit your script, make sure you shade all the remaining questions at random, don’t leave them blank. Who knows? Your very last guesses may be right.
The issue of missing results is always as a result of wrong shading of names and reg no. Make sure you shade properly following invigilators instructions.
If you follow the advice above, your success in the forthcoming JAMB exam is guaranteed. Share this post with friends and love ones that will be taking this exam.