Some couple of months ago, I purchased a GiONEE Elife E3 Android smartphone. The smartphone is awesome and imbedded with so many features. It runs Android OS, v4.2 Jelly Bean, 1gb RAM, 16gb in-built memory and etc.
In one of my recent posts, I explained the advantages and disadvantages of rooting an Android device.
When I purchased the phone, I was unable to use some applications because it has not been rooted. For instance, before you will be able to use any application that is capable of making screenshots on any Android device, you must have root access.
In this post, I want to explain how I was able to root my Gionee Elife E3 without a computer. This will also work for Gionee Elife E5 and E6.
Note: Please be informed that once you root the device, the warranty gets void and the only way you can reclaim the lost warranty is by Unrooting.
How to Root Gionee Elife E3, E5, E6
Rooting of Gionee Elife E3, E5, E6 without a computer can be easily done by an application named Framaroot. Framaroot was developed by alephzain from The XDA forums . With one click this app can install the Superuser and Su binary on your phone . Follow the steps below to root and unroot an android device as you case may be.
- Download Framaroot on your android Device from here
- Install Framaroot from the apk file
- Open Framaroot select the action to perform. Select “Install SuperSU”
- Thereafter, in the rooting menu, Select an exploit in list above to potentially root your device as BOROMIR and proceed further. The rooting has now started and you will be getting a success message
- If you see “Failed … Try another exploit if available” message then try selecting another exploit
- Once successfully done, reboot the device.
How to Unroot Gionee Elife E3, E5, E6
- Open the app and choose Unroot
- Then click Boromir then Reboot your device)
- And your phone have been Unrooted
Share your rexperience with this app in the comment section below.