In one of my recent posts, I shared the list of phones compatible with Whatsapp and since then, some of this blog reader has been demanding for means to install Whatsapp on their unsupported Nokia phones.
Nokia phones like Asha 200, Asha 205, c1, c2, 2700, 3110, x2’s-1-2-5 and etc. are not compatible with Whatsapp. The two sim variants are not always compatible with Whatsapp. If you go to Whatsapp website and you are welcome with “Sorry, your device is not supported at the moment. Make sure you are using a web browser on your phone to view this page”, that simply means your mobile phone is not supported.
To use Whatsapp on your unsupported Nokia phones, you have to follow any of the methods I dropped below.
1st Method: Steps to Download Whatsapp on your Unsupported Nokia Phones
- Get a phone that is compatible with Whatsapp
- Insert your memory card and sim card inside the phone that accepts Whatsapp
- Download Whatsapp with the phone that accepts Whatsapp with Your sim and memory card inside the Phone
- Move the Whatsapp to your memory card after doing that, remove the memory card and sim and insert them back into your phone then check your memory card and locate the Whatsapp and open it… You are Good 2go.
2nd Method: Steps to Download Whatsapp on your Unsupported Nokia Phones
Before we start the 2nd method, you must have at least 3mb free memory space on your phone/memory card. At least 5mb of data and N10 must be on your phone to cater for the downloading of the application, updating it and text message to confirm your phone number during installation. Once you have avail your self with these minimum requirements, you can now proceed to the procedures listed below.
- First and foremost, you need to download these two files: Whatsapp.jar and Whatsapp.jad
- After downloading the two files on your phone, you will only see the Whatsapp.jar. Don’t open this file
- Click on option, scroll down and select Update Version
- After a successful update, open the application and supply your details in the required column and then click continue.
If you follow any of the methods outlined above, by now WhatsApp should be running on your Asha 200, Asha 205 and other unsupported Nokia phones.