Expand your knowledge about free tools which will go a long way in assisting you to find how good the volume of traffic (or hits) a website receives on the internet,the source of the traffic and what position the site is placed in a search. Does it interest you to know how much page views or say traffic other websites in your niches receive on the basis of competitive analysis.? Although there might be difficulty when a third party tries to precisely calculate the traffic of a site, there are a handful of helpful services specialized in traffic estimation that could help you with an improved understanding of the website’s popularity.
Let us go to this list of services:
- Alexa – Put in the domain of the website and Alexa would show you the ranking that website has attained using a combination of measures including number of page views and unique visitors. The rank is not necessarily dependent on just a site’s traffic, rather it is connected to the traffic of a number of other sites which are also closely supervised by Alexa. There is heightened concern among Webmasters as to Alexa number yet the rank of a website can not be removed from the list of good indicators of a website’s popularity over a period of time.
See also: Best Online Tools to Know Everything About a Website.
- Compete – Compete comes in handy when you want to estimate the total US traffic ( also known as unique visitors) for almost all the sites on the internet. Compete makes use of data from ISPs, which happens to be their own toolbar as well as other data sources to assist in calculating the volume of traffic a site gets. On the list of other services it provides, there are other metrics like average stay duration, Page Views, demographics and a lot others. It is worth that noting that these services are exclusively reserved for paid users.
- Similar Web – its beginning can be traced back to when it was just used as a tool for locating related sites. Now it has grown into the capacity of offering a range of data not excluding traffic analysis presented in a neat interface. Via Similar Web, you will be able to know traffic of the site over a specific span of time, as well as the countries from which most of the most traffic is sourced and even which search keywords are responsible for the organic referrals, the amount of time users spend on a site and lots more. You could download the traffic reports as PDF files for the purpose of archiving.
- SEM Rush – SEM Rush provides a lot of information around search ( which is same as organic) traffic for any website of your choice. Type in the website URL and at once you get the information detailing how the site has coped in organic search over a period of time. The data could be separated into country. Also you get to know what sites from which traffic is coming from as well as what keywords that are leading in majority of the visitors. Open Site Explorer is another famous and efficient tool serving the same function as the SEM Rush.
- QuantCast – In a similar fashion to Compete, QuantCast can be used to calculate the number of persons that have visited a particular site in an interval of time from mobile phone or desktop. For sites that have put to use the QuantCast tags, you will receive finer metrics (as regards accuracy) including visitor demographics, on a category of country by country , and even divided along desktop and mobile traffic.
Find Website Traffic with Google AdWords.
Some years not too long ago, Google Trends and Google Ad Planner for Websites consisted the go-to tools for knowing more about a site’s traffic but over time, they have lost their functionality. However, you can still use the Display Planner tool inside Google AdWords to scoop out details about the traffic of a site and demographics.
How do you go about it? Go to Display Planner, proceeding to sign-in with your Google Account. It is not a necessity that you must be AdWords advertiser to enjoy this tool. After that, enter the site’s domain into the search box, select the Campaign targeting as United States (or you can remove geographic targeting to view global traffic) and then select “Get Placement Ideas.” Google will now display to you the average impressions for every week for that specific domain. So for a month, you will multiply that number by the four weeks (that is four), you will realize a closely accurate figure of traffic of the month(hits).
Bro am happy been here once More, my blog http://www.naijo.nigerianhost.co does not have a good traffic and all plugin I am adding did not Help, what should I do? And This post Showed that am lacking… bro Help?
@Tomoloju iseoluwa david, stop using free hosting account.
Yeah… Alexa z d one I use d most! You can also claim ur site there and find lots of details about your site if u do! http://www.mydiaryasagrowinggirl.blogspot.com