Are you sick or tired of Facebook and wish to permanently delete your Facebook account? Or do you have your personal reason to permanently delete your Facebook account? Then you are at the right place to learn how to delete a Facebook account.
Many people usually take deactivating for deleting. To deactivate your Facebook account simply means that you want to disappear for a while from Facebook and you can reactivate it whenever you wish to come back on board. While to delete your Facebook account simply means you want to permanently delete your Facebook account including your photos, updates, videos, notes etc. Today, I want to share two methods with you on how you can permanently delete a Facebook account and how you can temporarily deactivate a Facebook account.
Before I explain the two methods to permanently terminate a Facebook account, you will need to remove all Facebook connect logins associated with your Facebook account. If you ignore this step, your account deletion will be cancelled and your account will be reactivated. Folow the step below to terminate all Facebook connect logins associated with your Facebook account.
1. Login to your Facebook account
2. Locate and click ‘Account Settings’
3. On the ‘Account Settings’ page, locate ‘Linked Accounts’ then click ‘Edit’ as shown in the screen shot below.
4. After clicking on ‘Edit’, remove all linked accounts. Why? If you don’t remove all linked account and you login into any of the account listed under Linked Accounts, you have automatically logged into Facebook and this will stop your account termination process.
5. Click and open your ‘Privacy Settings’ page
6. Locate and click on ‘Apps, Games and Websites’
7. Locate ‘Apps you use’ and click on ‘Remove’. Make sure you remove all apps, games and websites.
8. If you wish to save your Facebook profile data on your hard drive before deletion, Open ‘Account Settings’ then click on ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’.
1st Method: How to Permanently Delete a Facebook Account.
1. Login into your Facebook account then go to Facebook account deletion page.
2. You will see a page titled ‘Delete My Account’ with two buttons, click the ‘Submit’ button and follow the
3. You will be required to enter your password and a CAPTCHA in the required field to verify if you are the real owner of the account and not just a bot.
4. After filing in your password and CAPTCHA in the required field correctly, you will receive an email saying that your account will be deleted in 14 days, which is 2 weeks. So make sure you don’t login or connect with your Facebook account during this period. During this period :
• Don’t login to your Facebook account. Clear your browser cache and delete your cookies to avoid this.
• Don’t make any click on Facebook ‘Share’ or ‘Like’ button on any site.
• Don’t use Facebook Connect to Login or to Sign up on any site
Note: any interaction with the account during the 14 days could prevent your account from being deleted. After 2 weeks, you can check and see that your information would be inaccessible.
2nd Method: How to Permanently Delete a Facebook Account.
The second method involve you contact Facebook directly through email. Peradventure you tried the first method and failed.
1. Send an email to Facebook and request for account deletion. Their email is: email@example.com
2. After some days, you should be replied with a mail from Facebook that your account has been permanently deleted.
3. But in case you didn’t hear anything from Facebook within a week, send another email to them at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Try and attempt to login to your Facebook account after receive an email from Facebook, if your account is inaccessible, then your Facebook account has been permanently deleted.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Locate and click on ‘Account Settings’
3. Click on ‘Security’
4. Then click on ‘Deactivate your account’. Now, your account will no longer be viewable, but it will be on suspension. To reactivate your account, simply login in to your Facebook account.
Note: If you’re not 100% sure that you want to permanently remove all that information, you can temporarily “deactivate” your Facebook account. Just follow these instructions.