The history for everything you search for on Bing are stored on your Microsoft account. So here’s what to do,
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and head to privacy settings. Having signed in, you’ll see your account’s Privacy dashboard.
- Scroll down to the “Search History” section, and click “View And Clear Search History”.
This will open your dashboard’s “Activity History” tab and its focus will be on your previous searches.
- Click “Clear Activity” at the top right corner of your search list to clear your entire search history.
- You will be required to confirm your action. Click “Clear” to delete your entire search history.
However, if you don’t wish to delete everything, scroll down to view your search history.
You will see two links beneath each individual search entry, click “Delete” to remove that particular search result.
If you are using Bing, and you don’t want to always clear your browsing history, you might want to consider private browsing so that searches won’t be saved.
Clearing Other Microsoft Related Data Types
Besides the results from your search history, Microsoft stores data from things you do when you are signed into your account like Apps and Services used, Cortana voice searches, and Edge browsing history. But all these can also be deleted.
On the Activity History tab of your dashboard, you’ll see a list of the data associated with your Microsoft account in the “Explore Your Data” section on the left. Click any option there to explore them.
- Go to your dashboard, on the Activity History tab, under the “Explore Your Data” section by the left, there’s a list of the data related with your Microsoft account. Click any option while there to explore them.
Deleting the entry for each type is like deleting search history.
- When you locate a data entry you no longer want, click the “Delete” under it.
- If you wish to remove every entry on the list, click “Clear Activity” at the top right.
Based on a security feature, you cannot delete every entry if you are browsing the “All Data Types” option which encompasses everything. But if you want to remove everything from your account, you have to click “Clear Activity” from every section specifically.