If you ever change your Wi-Fi password or the name of the network, you’ll also need to connect your Nest Security system to that new network. Luckily, it’s really easy.
A lot of Wi-Fi devices come with a setting where you can easily change the Wi-Fi network that it’s connected to. Other devices aren’t so simple, and you actually have to reset them just to connect them to a new Wi-Fi network. Fortunately, the Nest Secure sits in the former category, making reconnecting to a Wi-Fi network much easier.
- To do this, open up the Nest app, and then tap on Settings button (gear icon) in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Home Info” setting at the very top.
- Choose the “Home Wi-Fi Help” option.
- On the “Home Wi-Fi” Help” page, tap the “Start” button.
- Hit the “Next” button at the bottom of the next screen.
- Wait for your phone to connect to your Nest Guard.
- Select the new Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect.
- After that, enter in the password for the Wi-Fi network, and then hit the “Next” button.
- Wait for it to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- When it’s finished, tap the “Done” button at the bottom.