Meeting up with your friends in an unfamiliar spot can prove to be a discomfort. Once you get away from firm grids, finding a location presents somewhat of a challenge. There is something better to be done rather than sharing your address and that is to actually share your exact GPS location. Although there are various mediums by which this can be done, here’s how to do it with WhatsApp.
- Click on your WhatsApp app.
- Then, open a WhatsApp chat with the person you want to share your location with.
- Next, tap the + icon and select Location.
The simplest option therefore is to send your location to your friends at that very moment. You can do this by either selecting your Current Location or one of the Nearby Place suggestions.
If you are not planning to stay in one place but to move around, or for safety reasons you want someone to always know where you are, click on “Share Live Location.” You’ll get a warning to make sure you are aware that you will be sharing your live location even if you leave the app, then you tap OK.
- The next thing you do is select how long you want to share your Live Location for. The options available to you are 15 Minutes, 1 Hour, or 8 Hours. You can also choose to add a comment if you so desire.
- Finally, you click on the Send button.
Whenever you wish to, you can click on “Stop Sharing.”. This will cause the app stop sending your location to your friends. If you don’t, until the time is exhausted, your friends will have the ability to see your location even if you move to a totally different place.