After my first official post here, I decided to do a follow up with a tutorial on how to get the Windows 10 technical preview for your PC.
Follow the step by step instructions and you shouldn’t have any problems. But before we begin, let’s take a look at the requirements and the precations to be taken.
- This is a technical preview; so you should NOT install this on your primary PC or as your primary OS. Your best bet is to install it on a VM (Virtual Machine). If you fail to adhere to this, you mught lose important data because as a technical preview, it is prone to bugs and crashes.
- You should have a basic idea on installation of operating systems, VM’s and bootable media
- You should have some knowledge in troubleshooting; as I said, it is prone to crashes.
- Back up all your data! I cannot overemphasize this point.
Now let’s begin.
- Read the basic system requirements here
- You need to sign up for Microsoft’s insider program here.
- Download the ISO file here
- Create a bootable media. Power ISO is preferred (but this is a personal choice though).
- Boot from your USB or DVD.
- And voila! there you have it, your Windows 10 technical preview.
If you encounter any problems, feel free to post in the comment section below. If you do not know where to begin at all or you are confused, feel free to ask for a tutorial post on any of the sections that are not clear; either the bootable media part, ISO download or whatever, just holla. Enjoy your new Windows!