How To Use MTN BIS to Browse On Computer Unlimitedly

Last modified on by Olusegun Fapohunda · Posted in Computer, Tricks

Browsing on your computer using MTN BIS is the most cheapest and most economical, considering the huge amount charged for data by  Network providers..

mtn bis on computer

Going through the normal process, you will pay MTN N1,000 to get a mere 250MB that can be used up within few hours. Meanwhile, you can also pay MTN with this same N1,000 and browse for 1 month without restriction or data cap. Want to learn how? Keep following.

The use of MTN BIS on computer is quite easy and no much configuration is required. Follow the steps outlined below to start enjoying heavy download on MTN.

How to Use Your MTN BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) on Your Computer.

#1. Download simple server from HERE.

#2. After download, extract the downloaded file.

#3. Before you connect your MTN Sim, you will need to first subscribe to any of the MTN BB10 data plans of your choice. I’ve personally tried this method with MTN BB10 Mini Data plans (i.e. Monthly – N1000, weekly – N350 and daily- N70).

#4. After activation of the plan of your choice, insert your sim into your modem and configure it as follows:

Access Point:
Username: blank
Password: blank

#5. Now configure your browser and other applications to port: 8080.

#6. Finally, connect your modem, open the extracted file folder (simple server), click on the Simpler Servers.exe and run the application.

Enjoy this while it last….

Helpful? Share:

Related News:

Enter Your Email Below to Join our Subscribers List. Don't Worry, Your Email Address Is Secure:
Enter your email address:

Confirm Your Email Address After Subscribing
 We hate spam just as much as you do

Like our Facebook Page or follow us on Twitter for new updates.

132 Responses to “How To Use MTN BIS to Browse On Computer Unlimitedly”

1. hollimhyte says:

please, i want to use the mtn subscribtion on pc, and have done everything but where can i configure the browser to and port 8080

2. Sani Salisu says:

Please admin I want to know how to set up my modem mtn with blackberry setting on my computer without using phone only the modern. Thank

3. ifeanyi says:

Working fine. Confirmed.

1. @ifeanyi, yes, it’s now back again.

4. ty says:

Please confirm to me if MTN BIS is still working on modem

1. @ty, currently not working.

5. Barbra says:

Bless you for a wonderful read – I have endorsed your blog page to friends and family who
    have loved it also!

6. Kelly says:

hello admin pls is mtn bis still working on pc or any other netwk how to set up? pls reply here n via email thanks

7. Heya outstanding blog! Does running a blog like this require a lot of work?

I have no knowledge of computer programming however I had been hoping to
    start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, if you
    have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners
    please share. I know this is off subject however I just needed to ask.
    Thanks a lot!

1. olusegun says:

No it doesn’t requires lot of work. Though you will need to understand CSS and little PHP to be able to design it to your taste. Better still, you can hire experts to manage the creation aspect for you. All you would just do is posting. Go to for some articles on blogging.

8. paul odhus says:

pls is mtn still working

9. paul odhus says:

hello sir is the mtn still working

10. @Anonymous, if MTN BIS doesn’t work try others such as Airtel & Glo that doesn’t require any software to work.

@Anonymous, I don’t know about cellc, sorry for that.

@Anonymous, check your desktop manager interface very well, better still go to how to use blackberry as modem page

11. Anonymous says:

Pls admin, there is no place on my blackberry desktop manager where I can create a new connection profile as you instructed.

12. Anonymous says:

Hey admin I have cellc and want to use my bis on my pc pls tell me how step by step thanx admin

13. Anonymous says:

I did the dns settings now what must I do for my bis to work and for me to get connected help bru

14. @Anonymous, the last time I used MTN, SPOTFLUX was working. MTN is presently bad in my area of residence, so I now use GLO and Airtel. Both networks does not require any software to work.

@Kayode, I don't really know much about MAC, but i will advice you to try AIRTEL BB bundle on it, am very sure it will work.

15. Kayode says:

ATTENTION: Tried it on my macbook its nt working… I even downloaded spotflux on mac… Can u please shed more light on how to go about connecting mtn bis on mac?

16. Anonymous says:

Plz admin, which software is working with MTN BB on PC now, thanks.

17. Admin says:

@Anonymous, i don’t know if it works in Zambia, but it works in Nigeria

18. Anonymous says:

Hey Admin,does pd-proxy still work?I’m in zambia and want to use bis of either mtn or airtel to browse on my laptop.Edgar([email protected])

19. Admin says:

@derf, simply dial *440*1# to activate airtel complete blackberry plan.

20. derf says:

Admin pls how can i activate the airtel N1,400 1gb plan?

21. Admin says:

@Anonymous, yes you can

22. Anonymous says:

Thanx for all ur concerns and responses, pls can i subscribe on Airtel using an internet enabled nokia phone using nokia PC suite to connect on my PC and how long is the subscription going to last?

23. Anonymous says:

Pls admin, does any of those settings work now? If so, what are the settings

24. john says:

there’s this software that can enable one browse unlimitedly on PCs with MTN BIS, whoever that is making use of this, should please share it. thanks