As oxygen is important to man, so also battery to laptop. Laptop users understand that the performance of the whole system depends a lot on the battery power.
Today, modern graphics, hungry applications and intensive operating system are cutting down the life of laptop battery every day. To make your laptop battery last, you need to take a good care of it. Below are some tips that can help to improve the performance of your laptop battery and make it last longer.
1. Keep your laptop clean. Laptop needs daily cleaning so as to avoid the blockage of the air vents. A blocked air vents tends to generate more heat thus reducing the life span of the battery.
2. Avoid leaving your laptop inside closed car or direct sunlight because undue heat kills off a battery slowly.
3. Defrag your laptop hard drive. The basic rule is that the lower the CPU and hard drive load, the longer the laptop battery runs. Daily defragmenting the hard drive will lead to a lesser load which will enable the laptop to run faster.
4. Disable screensavers. Screensavers use CPU when PC is idle
5. Lower screen brightness. LCD screen and hard drive consumes battery power a lot. By dimming the brightness of the screen, some good amount of battery power.
6. Unplug unused external device. Some external devices such as flash drives, speaker, external mouse and keyboard etc are the biggest external source that drains out the battery power. If you don’t need them when running on battery, I will advise you to plug them out to increase standby time.
7. Use hibernate option instead of sleep mode because the sleep mode option tends to draw power from the battery while hibernate option saves the computer work as is and then shuts down automatically.
8. Close unused programs. One needs to close unused programs to extend laptop battery life. Whenever an application is running in background, the CPU usage increase and the more the CPU runs, the more the battery power that will be exhausting. Always check the taskbar to see running programs that are of no use to you. Note that you need to avoid playing heavy games.
9. Add up more RAM if you’re laptop RAM is low. If you laptop RAM is low, your laptop will use Hard Disk as virtual memory and it will reduce the battery power.
10. Always try to discharge your laptop battery completely once in a week so that every cell of your battery will work properly.
Bonus and Useful Tip
To get power efficiency report for your laptop,
Click on START menu, type CMD, then right click cmd.exe and click on Run as Administrator.
On the command line, type powercfg -energy to view a power efficiency report.
Hope you find theses tips useful?
Have you found your own way to increase battery life of your laptop? Share the “˜life giving’ tips with us in the comments.
Stay Informed, Inspired and Motivated With Our Free Daily Tips.
Add Your Email Now, Don’t Worry, Your Email Address Is Secure:
I love sharing my knowledge with others. Feel free to
with any questions you may have. Please subscribe to the newsfeed and
get updates through email
, share this article with friends, or leave a comment below. New users can read about me