British Council is calling on young creative peeps to it 2015 edition of the Online #MyCreativeHustle Competition.
About Creative Hustle Competition.
This competition is a free prize draw operated by the British Council to publicize its series of Creative Hustle events and give Young people the opportunity to identify and pursue career opportunities within the creative sector in Nigeria.
Creative Hustle Competition- Who can Join?
The Competition is open to citizens of Nigeria aged 18 – 30 who are interested in or pursuing a career in the creative industries.
Only one entry per person is allowed. No participant may win more than one prize.
Entry to the Competition is free of charge although participants are responsible for their own costs of connecting to the Internet.
Creative Hustle Competition – Prizes and selection of winning entries.
The selection of finalists will take place in the British Council Office within 10 days following the closing date.
The entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the British Council. The judges’ decision is final and binding.
No correspondence will be entered into with the unsuccessful participants.
The prizes consist of:
- Finalists will be invited to meet with a panel of professionals from the Nigerian Creative Industries sector and UK institution academics for a mentoring session in July.
- The Winner gets a chance to travel to the UK for a trade/industry programme related to their sector. Final prize will be communicated later subject to the sector of the winner.
Prizes are personal to the winners and cannot be transferred to any third party. Prizes cannot be exchanged for money or any other goods or services.
The British Council accepts no responsibility for failure to notify winning participants or failure to deliver prizes where such failure results from the provision of inaccurate contact details by the participants or from the acts or omissions of any third party (including, without limitation, any internet or postal service provider) and shall have no liability to any entrant if it is prevented from or delayed in delivering any aspect of the Competition or the prizes by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control.
The British Council does not offer any insurance in connection with the prize. Each prize winner may arrange their own insurance in respect of the prize, if applicable.
Creative Hustle Competition – How to enter.
The Competition will be promoted through the British Council Nigeria website (www.britishcouncil.org.ng); the British Council Nigeria Facebook page (www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilNigeria); the British Council Nigeria Twitter Account (@ngBritish) and the British Council Nigeria Arts Twitter Account (@ngBritishArts).
To enter participants must upload a video showing an aspect of their work or business and describing how they intend to make the business profitable. Participants must follow these steps:
- Upload your video on twitter with the Hashtag #MyCreativeHustle and mention @ngBritishArts.
- The video should cover any aspect of the participant’s work and may include text, images and music.
- The video must be original, no longer than 30 seconds and must end with the tagline – that’s my creative hustle!
- Videos can be submitted in common digital video formats shot on digital cameras including video shot on smart phones, but must be of high resolution
- Participants must read the competition rules as published on the British Council Nigeria website (www.britishcouncil.org.ng); and the British Council Nigeria Facebook page (www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilNigeria).
- Participants would be deemed to have agreed to the competition rules by uploading the video conforming to the above standards.
Creative Hustle Competition – Competition Dates.
The opening date of the Competition is 12.00 am on 02 June 2015 GMT +1 and the closing date is 12.00am on 22 June 2015 GMT +1. Any entry received before the opening date or after the closing date will not be included in the Competition. The British Council accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any system, server, provider or otherwise that may result in any entry being lost, delayed or not properly registered.
The Finalists and Competition winner will be notified between 23 June 2015 and 30 June 2015. This notification will be made by a private message to the twitter handle used by the finalists when entering for the Competition in accordance with section 4 of these Competition Rules. In this notification, the British Council will inform each finalist of how to claim their prize and of any additional information or steps required to enable the British Council to provide them with the prize. The British Council reserves the right to award the relevant prize to another Competition participant if the prize is not claimed within one week after such notification.
Share this with others by using the share buttons below.